You are here
Progressive Grocer is currently seeking entries for its annual Editors’ Picks awards contest, which will once again recognize the best new consumer products submitted for consideration that have been introduced in the past year.
Long considered the lifeblood of grocery retailing, new products are an indispensable means of attracting retail buyers’– and, more importantly, consumers’ – attention, and PG’s Editors’ Picks will once again showcase a slate of winners that will be judged on the following criteria:
INNOVATION: in new packaging application; ingredient enhancements; abilities to grow/develop a new and/or existing category; new flavors/varieties/portion sizes; and positioning against the most important market and consumer trends, among others.
TASTE/FUNCTIONALITY: how the new product lives up to taste/quality expectations, as well as functionality and utilitarian attributes.
VALUE: how well the product delivers on overall value proposition (i.e., price, packaging, quality and convenience).
Winners will be honored in the August 2012 print edition of Progressive Grocer.
PG Editors’ Picks Entry Rules
1. Retail consumer products introduced between introduced from July 1, 2011, through June 1, 2012, are eligible to enter, including: fresh foods; center store; frozen foods; dairy; deli; bakery (fresh and commercial baked goods); nonfoods; alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages; candy/gum/confections; health, beauty and wellness; baby; pets; general merchandise and more. Only products designed for sale in retail food stores will be considered. No store equipment, fixtures or packaging applications/materials are eligible.
2. Online entries must be received no later than June 15, 2012. All others may be disqualified.
3. Product samples are strongly encouraged, and can be submitted separate from the online application, or sent in the same package with entry form(s).
4. All product samples must be received by June 15, 2012, and sent to us as follows:
ATTENTION: EDITORS’ PICKS
111 Town Square Place, Suite 400
Jersey City, NJ 07310
5. Multiple entries from the same company are permitted for different products/lines.
The full entry application form is available online.