You are here
Publix Super Markets plans to open its first store in Knoxville, Tenn., at the Northshore Town Center at Northshore Drive and Pellissippi Pkwy.
“We are proud to offer our unique shopping experience to customers in Knoxville,”noted Todd Jones, president of Lakeland, Fla.-basedPublix. “We are committed to providing premier customer service and look forward to supporting the Knoxville community as early as third quarter 2012.”
The 56,000-square-foot location will offer conventional items as well as a wide selection of eco-friendly, all-natural and organic products. Signature products and services will include the following:
- A full-service deli department highlighting Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, and handmade sandwiches
- A bakery department featuring a variety cakes, cookies and pies
- A full-service meat department providing customized cuts
- A full-service seafood department with farm-raised fresh fish, lobster and sushi
- A produce department carrying roots and specialty items as well as fruits and vegetables
- A Publix Pharmacy
The grocer currently operates 30 stores in Tennessee, three of them in the Chattanooga area and 27 in middle Tennessee. Additional Knoxville-area sites will be identified as they are confirmed.
Privately owned and operated by its 148,000 associates, Publix has 1,036 stores in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee.