You are here
The International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) has named Publix Super Markets the winner of the 2013 Black Pearl Award, which recognizes outstanding commitment to, and achievement in, corporate excellence in food safety and quality.
The criteria for the award requires companies to:
- Demonstrate evidence of promoting ethical and fair business practices
- Participate in community and consumer promotion of food safety
- Contribute to public health principals and food safety
- Focus on food safety education
- Promote food safety within the company
- Design stores and facilities with food safety and sanitary control
- Adhere to food safety regulatory requirements
“It’s such an honor for Publix to receive this award,” said Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. “This award shows the dedication and commitment Publix has to providing our customers safe, high quality food.”
Lakeland, Fla.-based Publix has 1,069 stores in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee.