You are here
Ray’s Food Place’s annual October campaign to raise funds for local breast cancer research and awareness organizations raised $73,344 to support the work of local foundations and organizations.
The Ray’s Pink R campaign asked customers to “round-up” their grocery order to the nearest dollar amount and donate the difference.
“Our team was passionate about the Pink R cause and many [knew] individuals affected so they really got excited to help,” said Rocky Campbell, VP of operations and team captain for the six-store team that won the inter-company fundraising competition. “The connection to the cause by all Ray’s store employees and the generosity of our Ray’s customers helped us to raise a phenomenal amount this year.”
All of the funds raised will support 14 different local organizations, which provide a range of varying services related to the fight against cancer. Since 2007, Ray’s Pink R Program has raised over $400,000. Organizations were identified and nominated by local stores for inclusion in the program. This year, the Pink R program supported:
- Relay for Life – American Cancer Society, Eureka, Calif.
- Willamette Valley Cancer Center – Breast Cancer Research, Eugene, Ore.
- Samaritan Hospital – North Albany
- Douglas County Cancer Services – Roseburg, Ore.
- St. Charles Medical Center – Sara’s Project, Bend, Ore.
- Bree’s Foundation for Breast Cancer Awareness and Education –Southern Coos Health Center Foundation, Bandon, Ore.
- Sponsoring Survivorship – Lake County, Kelseyville, Calif.
- Women’s Imaging Center at Three Rivers Community Hospital, Grants Pass, Ore.
- Providence Community Health Foundation - Leila J. Eisenstein Breast Center, Medford, Ore.
- Mercy Medical Center North, Mount Shasta, Calif.
- Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital – Newport, Ore.
- Mayer’s Hospital – Fall River Mills, Calif.
- CC’s Clothes for Cancer – Brookings-Harbor, Ore.
- Willamette Valley Cancer Foundation – McMinnville, Ore.
C&K Market, Inc. is a Brookings, Ore.-based family-owned company that operates 60 grocery stores under the banners of Ray’s Food Place, Shop Smart, C&K Market and LoBuck$.