You are here
Community-based independent Ring Bros. Marketplace will be offering kid's cooking classes as a way for local moms to keep their children busy during the upcoming school vacation week.
The classes, which will be taught be Ring general manager and chef Donald Fallon, will be held Monday February 21 through Friday, February 25 from 1-2:30 p.m. at Ring Bros.’ in-store demo area, and the cost for each participant is $15. Class sizes will be limited to six students per class so that lessons can be hands-on and every child will be able to participate.
Topics for this series of cooking classes are:
- Monday, February 21 - Stuffing and roasting a chicken: Attendees will learn the proper technique for roasting a chicken, as well as how to make a great tasting stuffing and pan gravy.
- Tuesday, February 22 - Pizza: Who doesn't love pizza? Students will learn how to make fresh gourmet pizza from creating the dough to great tasting toppings.
- Wednesday, February 23 - Chicken Noodle Soup: How to make a stock using the boned from Monday's cooking lesson, followed by a lesson on making a healthy soup.
- Thursday, February 24 – Quesadillas: Kid friendly Mexican favorites and everything to go along with them including fresh salsa & guacamole.
- Friday, February 25 - Playing with your food: Children will mix and stir up all kinds of fun things from Play Dough to non-Newtonian Fluid.
In addition to learning the specific recipes, kids attending the class will learn about kitchen safety, how to read and follow a recipe, how to measure ingredients, basic nutrition, and basic cooking skills.
South Dennis, Mass.-based Ring Bros. Marketplace consists of six independently owned businesses: Ring Bros. Markets which specializes in fresh produce, dairy, and grocery products; Harney’s Liquors, which offers one of the largest selections of wines, craft brews, and top shelf liquors on Cape Cod; Dark Horse Beef and Deli offering all natural beef, chicken, cheese, and deli products; Spinner’s Pizza & Burrito, which prepares fresh gourmet pizzas, burritos, take home meals and homemade desserts; Chatham Fish & Lobster offers fresh fish, shellfish and lobster; and Nata’s Noodles, which together with Montilio’s Express, round out the marketplace with desserts, freshly made pasta, and prepared gourmet foods.