You are here
The Orlando, Fla. based National Mango Board (NMB) is kicking off a new retail program, Mango Retailer of the Year, which will recognize retailers for exceptional support and promotion of mangos.
Mango retailers from across the U.S. are encouraged to participate in the program that will highlight retailers who are strong and supportive partners to the NMB and set good examples for the industry. The NMB and its retail account managers will select but one Mango Retailer of the Year from four qualified candidates, all of which will be earn designation as Mango Model Retailers, along with special recognition from the NMB.
“All retailers win by building their mango business, but our new program is another opportunity to acknowledge those who are fully engaged and deliver outstanding mango results through support of the NMB and promotion,” said NMB marketing director Megan McKenna.
The NMB’s retail account managers will evaluate mango retailers in their region and select honorees through two phases based on NMB criteria that include the following:
• Produce impressive mango sales and volume increases
• Follow through on commitments to NMB programs and provide results at the close of each funded promotion
• Educate consumers about mangos through display, POS materials, ads, website, newsletters and other vehicles
• Facilitate mango training and inspire their associates to handle, merchandise and promote mangos more effectively
• Be aware of market forces and work with the industry through difficult supply periods and promote mangos in all seasons
• Engage in effective, high-quality, creative promotions that connect with shoppers on multiple levels
The 2012 Mango Model Retailers will be unveiled at NMB’s annual reception at PMA’s Fresh Summit in Anaheim, Oct. 27, 2012. The Mango Retailer of the year will be announced in November and will receive an iPad or an equivalent value gift card to their employer store. Meanwhile, Mango Model Retailers will receive a $100 gift card to their employer’s store, as well plaques and public recognition, among others.