You are here
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - A new Seattle's Best Coffee cafe is among the key highlights of a new Family Fare store that Spartan Stores here debuted this week in Allendale, Mich.
Craig Sturken, Spartan's president, chairman and c.e.o. said, the store-within-a-store cafe "is a great fit between our Family Fare banner and Seattle's Best Coffee as each one has been developed to serve the entire family."
The cafe serves a full line of Seattle's Best premium coffee and non-coffee beverages, including lattes, mochas, hand-shaken cold brewed coffees and whole beans, as well as fresh pastries and bakery items and select Seattle's Best Coffee merchandise.
The 49,000-square-foot replacement store provides improved access and services to local residents, and also features energy efficient lighting, heating, and other equipment that has achieved Energy Star certification, Spartan said.
Among the store's other highlights:
- Over 80 organic fresh produce items and an improved floral department featuring more variety with bouquets, plants, and arrangements.
- A full-service deli offering traditional deli fare and in-store kitchen-made entrees and salads, extra large rotisseries chickens, hot breakfast offerings, and over 100 varieties of imported and domestic cheese.
- An in-store bakery featuring lattice-top fruit pies, custom cakes, fresh donuts, and Aroma Street cookies, among other products.
- Tender Ridge Angus Beef, Sanderson Farms chicken, and a selection of seafood in the fresh meat department.
- An expanded HBC area, along with a much larger GM department with housewares, books, magazines, and seasonal items.
- A full-service pharmacy with a wellness center and convenient drive-up window.
With warehouse facilities in Grand Rapids and Plymouth, Mich., Spartan Stores serves nearly 400 independent grocery stores in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio, as well as owning and operating 88 retail supermarkets and 14 deep-discount food and drug stores in Michigan and Ohio, including Family Fare Supermarkets, Glen's Markets, D&W Fresh Markets, Felpausch Food Centers and The Pharm.