You are here
COLTON, Calif. -- Stater Bros. Markets this week completed a $2 million extensive remodel and expansion of two full-service supermarkets in the company's hometown of Yucaipa, Calif., where it opened its first store in 1936.
"Stater Bros. has a special commitment to the community of Yucaipa because this is where our very first store opened over 71 years ago," said Jack H. Brown, chairman and c.e.o. of Stater Bros. "We [will] continue to provide this community with the finest shopping experience."
The two supermarkets remained open during the entire remodel process, and a 4-week re-grand opening celebration will begin at both supermarkets September 12.
All departments in the remodeled stores have been expanded to offer a greater variety of products and more services. New enhancements include:
· Full-service fresh meat departments
· Full-service "Sandwich Classics" departments with a coffee bar, fountain drinks, and express checkout
· Fresh floral departments offering flower bouquets, plants, and silk arrangements
· Produce departments with over 800 items including an organic selection
· Energy saving lights and refrigerated cases
Stater Bros. operates 163 Supermarkets, and employs more than 18,000 associates.