You are here
"A Promise Made, A Promise Kept," is the theme for the grand opening of the new Stater Bros. Grand Terrace Supermarket, which is also the company's 75th Anniversary Supermarket, and has received EPA GreenChill recognition for its Earth-friendly refrigeration systems.
Located at the Grand Terrace Town Square, the new store will replace a nearby smaller Stater Bros. supermarket, which will close August 23rd. Stater Bros.' has served the Grand Terrace Community for over 37 years (since 1974).
"The Stater Bros. Supermarket Family built this new, modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time Grand Terrace area Customers,” said Jack H. Brown, chairman and CEO of Stater Bros.
At 44,000 sq. ft., the new state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly store is more than 72 percent larger than the existing Grand Terrace supermarket, with wider customer-friendly aisles and 40 percent more parking spaces.
The new Grand Terrace Stater Bros. features:
- Full service fresh meat and seafood departments with Stater Bros. Butchers
- Full service delicatessen including fried chicken, hot specialty soups and a prepare-your-own salad bar
- Full service premium sandwich classics with fountain drinks, fresh coffee, and express checkout
- Full service hot bakery featuring freshly baked La Brea Artisan breads as well as specialty cakes and fine desserts
- Full service floral department
- Fresh produce department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
- Full service chase bank branch
Among the new environmentally friendly practices in the store are:
- Energy efficient refrigeration system that reduces carbon dioxide emissions (the equivalent of removing more than 250 automobiles off the road for one year) and includes display cases with LED lighting and glass doors.
- Energy efficient skylights to incorporate the use of natural day lighting and help the environment
- Recycling center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious consumer alternatives such as large grocery bags made with 100 percent recycled paper and reusable bags available for purchase
- "Park and Ride" area in the parking lot with 45 parking spaces designated for local commuters
San Bernardino, Calif.-based Stater Bros. operates 167 Supermarkets in southern California.