You are here
Stater Bros. plans to open its newest and most modern Supermarket in Lake Elsinore, Calif. on Wednesday, February 22, 2012.
Located at the Lake Elsinore Town Center, the new Lake Elsinore Supermarket will replace a smaller nearby Stater Bros, which will close on February 21. At 43,279 square feet, the new state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly store will 76 percent larger than the store it will be replacing, with wider aisles and nearly double the amount of parking spaces. Stater Bros. also operates two other supermarkets in Lake Elsinore.
“This new, modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. store will better serve our long-time and ‘valued’ Lake Elsinore Customers,” said Jack H. Brown, chairman and CEO. “
In celebration of the store’s grand opening, Stater Bros. Charities will be making donations to the Lake Elsinore Police Department for its Explorer’s Program, the Elsinore High School Band, who will also perform at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, and to the Lake Elsinore Library for their Children’s Program.
The new store will feature:
- Full service meat department.
- Full service delicatessen including fried chicken, tacos, a prepare-your-own salsa bar and seating area
- Full service premium sandwiches with fountain drinks, fresh “Hometown Coffee” and express checkout
- Full service hot bakery featuring freshly baked La Brea Artisan breads as well as specialty cakes and fine desserts
- Full service floral department with floral experts to help with preparation and selection
- Garden fresh produce department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
- A full service U.S. Bank in-store branch
The new store also includes several environmentally friendly practices:
- Refrigerated display cases with LED lighting, ECM motors, and glass doors using 60 percent less energy
- A new lighting system using dimming ballasts, energy efficient lamps, and occupancy sensors
- Upgraded refrigeration systems using non-ozone depleting refrigerants
- Energy management system controlling refrigeration, HVAC, Demand Response, and lighting control
- A recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as Large Grocery Bags made with 100 percent recycled paper and reusable bags for purchase
San Bernardino, Calif.-based Stater Bros. operates 167 Supermarkets in aSouthern California.