You are here
LAS VEGAS, Nevada -During a press conference here yesterday, Tesco officially released the locations of the first 14 Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Market store sites in the Las Vegas area, which are slated to open later this year, and at a press conference said it plans to have 100 units in the U.S. open by February of 2008.
The chain's U.S. operation also said it is researching additional locations here, while 20 are already on the drawing board for the Phoenix market. Each of the neighborhood markets will be roughly 10,000 square feet in size - intentionally smaller than the usual supermarket in order to give customers a faster, easier shopping experience, according to Tesco.
During the press conference, Tim Mason, the division's c.e.o., said "We want to sell fresh, healthy foods," according to a Reuters report. "It's not a beer and chips business."
The company is focusing on the Las Vegas area, as well as Phoenix, Los Angeles, and San Diego. The stores will begin to open later in the year, Tesco said.
The Vegas store locations are:
- Tropicana Ave. and Durango Dr.
- Tropicana Ave. and Jones Blvd.
- Horizon Ridge Pkwy. and Green Valley Pkwy.
- Centennial Pkwy. and Simmons St.
- Nellis Blvd. and Desert Inn Rd.
- Bermuda Rd. and Silverado Ranch Blvd.
- Lake Mead Blvd. and Del Webb Blvd.
- Eastern Ave. and Warm Springs Rd.
- Stewart Ave. and Nellis Blvd.
- Sunset Rd. and Arroyo Grande Blvd.
- Boulder Hwy. and Race Track Rd.
- Cheyenne Ave. and Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Cheyenne Ave. and Jones Blvd.
- Ann Rd. and Decatur Blvd.
- Fort Apache Rd. and Desert Inn Rd.