You are here
SEATTLE -- Unified Grocers here said its directors re-elected Louis A. Amen as chairman of the board during its annual shareholders meeting earlier this month.
Amen is chairman of Los Angeles-based Super A Foods, Inc. The cooperative wholesaler also re-elected Peter J. O'Neal, president, White Salmon Foods, Inc., Estacada Foods, Inc., and Novato Foods, Inc., Estacada, Ore., as its first vice chairman; and re-elected Richard L. Wright, president, Wright's Foodliner, Inc., Eugene, Ore., as second vice chairman.
In addition, 16 other individuals were elected to serve on Unified's board:
- John Berberian, president, Berberian Enterprises, Inc., Los Angeles.
- Oscar Gonzalez, co-owner, Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Inc., Anaheim, Calif.
- Richard E. Goodspeed, president, Goodspeed & Associates, Glendora, Calif.
- Terry H. Halverson, president and c.e.o., Metropolitan Market, Seattle
- Paul Kapioski, president and owner, CAP Food Services Co., Seattle.
- Darioush Khaledi, chairman and c.e.o., K.V. Mart Co., Carson, Calif.
- Mark H. Kidd, president, Mar-Val Food Stores, Inc., Lodi, Calif.
- John D. Lang, president and c.e.o., Epson America, Inc., Long Beach, Calif.
- Jay T. McCormack, president, Rio Ranch Markets, Glen Avon, Calif.
- John Najjar, president, Cardiff Seaside Market, Inc., Cardiff, Calif.
- Douglas A. Nidiffer, president and c.e.o., C&K Market, Inc., Brookings, Ore.
- Michael A. Provenzano, Jr., president, Pro & Son's, Inc., President, Provo, Inc., president, Pro & Family, Inc., Ontario, Calif.
- Thomas S. Sayles, s.v.p., corporate communications and government affairs, Rentech, Inc., Los Angeles.
- Robert E. Stiles, president, Gelson's Markets, Encino, Calif.
- Michael S. Trask, president, Stanlar Foods, Inc., Granite Falls, Wash.
- Kenneth Ray Tucker, president, Evergreen Markets, Inc., Greenville, Calif.
All 19 directors on Unified's Board were elected to one-year terms.
Unified's shareholders also approved a measure to officially change the name of the company to Unified Grocers, Inc. from Unified Western Grocers, Inc. Although the company had been doing business as Unified Grocers since June 2007, the change did not become official until it was approved by a majority vote of shareholders.