You are here
:United Supermarkets has completed a 47-store rollout of StoreNext's ISS45 point-of-sale (POS) system in six months, an ''unheard-of'' time frame, according to the independent grocer, based in Lubbock, Texas.
The project was managed by StoreNext Retail Technologies' dealer Cash Register Systems, Inc. StoreNext is a subsidiary of Plano, Texas-based Retalix, Ltd.
Wrapped up in March, the implementation throughout the independent chain's stores in west and north Texas stores began in October 2007 and included development of 16 separate interfaces and integration to the grocer's Web site, back office, and accounting systems.
''The story here is an unheard-of project completion time,'' said Chris St. Clair, c.i.o. of United Supermarkets. ''We piloted the initial store on Oct. 31 and -- through the height of the holiday season -- finished the first 15 sites by the end of the year. The response and service of the CRS team and StoreNext have been outstanding.''
The remaining stores were finished after the New Year, according to St. Clair. He said that United switched to StoreNext's ISS45 to replace a legacy system that had outlived its time.
''We needed a better solution on many fronts,'' explained St. Clair. ''We wanted to accomplish several objectives, and StoreNext's ISS45 POS was the best solution to address our needs.''
According to St. Clair, some of ISS45's key features and benefits that are being leveraged at United's three formats include:
- Sophisticated electronic payments capabilities, including credit-to-debit conversion, auto tender resolution, gift cards, Blackhawk, and signature capture from ISS45's tight integration with software from MTXEPS, Inc.
- A powerful transaction-processing architecture that translates to speed and efficiency at the POS, providing a "friendlier guest experience."
- Store-branded messaging and promotional offers for guests at the checkout lane using dual touchscreen terminal displays.
- Guests receive faster checkout and shorter queues, due to higher performance across the board for both scanned and nonscanned items.
- Clerks and guests can display receipts electronically and dynamically scroll the receipt, resulting in fewer transaction errors.
United Supermarkets operates stores in 27 markets across north and west Texas. Its three formats include United Supermarkets, Market Street, and Amigos United.