You are here
Over 4,000 inventors, entrepreneurs and small businesses from across the country submitted products into the contest and more than one million votes were cast in a tight race where the American public voted for items they would like to see carried by Walmart. The selected products, ranging from household to fashion and green items, are now one step closer to getting on the shelf at Walmart. The three winning products will have the opportunity to be sold on Walmart.com and the Grand Prize winner will get the chance to be carried in select U.S. Walmart stores after the final round of voting is completed at the end of the month.
“The top 10 finalists represent the smart and inspirational products that Walmart customers want to see on the shelf online and in their local stores,” said Chris Bolte, VP of @WalmartLabs. “We have been inspired by the creativity and passion of the contestants as they promote their products through traditional media, social marketing and personal networks. We look forward to the next round of voting where the winners will be decided by the American public.”
Here are the 10 finalists listed in alphabetical order:
- Bios Clinical Acne System is an acne system that uses topical probiotics to treat adolescent and adult acne.
- Humankind Water gives 100 percent of its net profits to provide clean drinking water for some of the one billion people in this world dying without it.
- Mr. Spritz Mysterious Shirts are entertaining t-shirts containing hidden images that appear when the garment gets wet and disappear when dry.
- Plate Topper transforms dinner plates into airtight food storage containers to save meals, leftovers and snacks. They are dishwasher-safe, microwave-safe and 100 percent BPA-free.
- Sola-Bag Forever Carry Refrigerator is a lunch bag that stays cold forever by generating energy from solar power and indoor lighting.
- Soleeze Spring Loaded Insoles are spring-loaded insoles and shock absorbers that fit into any shoe or boot and last for years.
- SnapIt Eyeglass Repair Kit is an easy way to fix your sunglasses or eyeglasses in 30 seconds.
- SUSIE Magazine is a bimonthly Christian print magazine and online sisterhood for teen girls promoting healthy relationships, good role models and positive self-image.
- Veterans Farm Datil Pepper Salt is a datil-infused kosher salt created at a Veterans Farm, where disabled combat veterans are taught farm skills to help them overcome physical and mental barriers and get jobs.
- We the People Bracelet features silver sterling beads with ingrained detailed descriptions of the Amendments to the Bill of Rights.
Get on the Shelf will start its final round of voting April 11 through midnight on April 24, after which the top three winners will be announced. The contest is only open to participants in the United States. Products already carried by Walmart or Walmart.com are not eligible for entry.
San Bruno, Calif.-based @WalmartLabs, a business unit of Walmart, creates platforms and products around social and mobile commerce to support Walmart’s global strategy of anytime, anywhere access where millions of customers can discover, research and shop through mobile devices, online or at physical stores.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at over 9,700 retail units under 69 different banners in 28 countries.